Hello there! This is 10 facts about Sweden.
- Sweden pays students USD $187 per month to attend high school.
- Sweden banned spanking and other corporal punishments of children in 1979.
- Sweden had a Charles VII, but no Charles I to VI.
- There's a Golf Club on the border of Sweden and Finland: half the holes are in one country and half in the other.
- 89% of people in Sweden speak English.
- Advertising to children under the age of 12 is illegal in Norway and Sweden.
- Aborting a child because of its gender is legal in Sweden.
- In 1974, Kim Il-sung took 1,000 Volvo sedans from Sweden to North Korea and never paid for them
- Sweden has run out of trash, so it's importing garbage from Norway
- The band Abba wore ridiculous outfits to avoid Sweden's taxes, which allowed deductions for clothing if it wasn't meant to be used every day.
- 12. The Capital of Sweden, Stockholm, is the 20th most populous city in the European Union.
Source from "Sweden Facts: 34 Facts by FACTSLIDE"